8/28/09

Freedom Part 1

I love to make abstract paintings when I want to relax. They are relatively unplanned which is very liberating. I can move fast and use large and rough strokes. It's a loud and messy process and it feels great. It's similar to playing drums. I use palette knives and brushes that leave a thick texture. As the paint dries, I move on to another canvas. I usually work on three to five pieces at a time. I have a long work bench in my basement where I line up the canvases. I move back and forth as they dry, building layers of paint. Acrylic paint works great because it dries fast. To me, these pieces are the definition of "happy accidents".

1 comment:

Mueller said...

Lovin the abstract, but I'm putting in the first bid for Skinless Jim's portrait right now. Killa blog amigo..daily read.