9/8/10

8: A Kid's Book Anthology


Off to the printer! The kid's book anthology that I have a story in should be available by November.  It is being printed by Ka-Blam and distributed through Indy Planet .  I will post information on how YOU can get your very own copy of this SUPER HIGH QUALITY book when a definitive release date is confirmed.

I am so proud to be included in this anthology.  The artwork and storytelling is outstanding.  This book is more than just stories, though.  It is an example of  independent spirit and collaborative motivation coming together in a productive way.  We all worked very hard on this project and we have an awesome book to show for that effort.  It is my belief that the future of creative art and storytelling will be largely independent and collaborative. 

If you are interested in taking that next step in your creative life, I urge you to get involved in creative communities.  Ben Powis, who's story "Hoot!"appears in the anthology, created  Illopond .  This is the forum we used to organize and communicate during the production of "8".   We have opened that project thread to the public, so you can see our process and development and hopefully join up and/or start a collaborative project of your own.  I think it would be totally awesome for the illopond to be the meeting place for dozens of independent collaborative projects every year!  (There is already talk for Anthology 2.)

I want give a HUGE "Thank you!" to Christpher Tupa for organizing this project and inviting me to take part.   I will post some more in-depth information about Christopher and the rest of the contributors in the near future.  In the meantime, check out their websites to see some of their awesome work!

Mark Harmon
Sam Kirkman
Michelle Kondrich
Craig Pirrall
Ben Powis
Christopher Tupa
Lee Wiley

2 comments:

sam said...

Denver Your Call of Toothhead is for me one of the absolute main attractions in our book! I'm so proud of you and of all of us.

Denver Wagner said...

Thanks, Sam. The first part of your comment is a little nutty :) but I agree wholeheartedly with the second part. I love how hard we all worked and how seriously we took this project. It shows!