7/30/09

Texture and Color with Alan and Gary

"This is a bumpy wall," said Gary.
"It sure is," said Alan. "Let's touch it."
"Hey Alan, Did you ever notice that we look exactly the same?"
"Nope."
"Sure is a bumpy wall though, huh?"

Over the past year or so I've been experimenting with some art programs. They are alot of fun but frustrating as well. I'm sure that I end up doing way more work than I need to to get the effect I'm looking for. I wish there was a way to just tell the computer what I want to do, and it be able to show me the steps. Through books, podcasts, and the internet, I'm slowly getting more of an understanding on how these programs work. I'm sure the best thing to do is just spend as much time as possible playing around with them.

I have been digitally combining some acrylic abstract paintings with some of my sketches. It's a common technique to bury subtle textures in Photoshop and Painter. I'm not subtle. I finally found a place to show off my abstracts! Here's what was used to make Alan and Gary.

No comments: