12/23/09

A Space Ape Christmas

It was a year ago today, when Bonobo Joe's space saucer crashed into our snow covered backyard. Our children were nestled all snug in their beds, when they awoke with a terrified scream at the sound of the exploding crash. They thought Santa had crashed his sleigh, but I reminded them that Christmas Eve was still a day away. I looked out the window and saw a tiny man stumbling through the snow and the burning wreckage of a some sort of space ship behind him. I ran out to see what I could do to help. I noticed that this was not a little man at all. It wasn't an alien, either. It was an ape. An ape with a cute little space outfit. Then, he spent Christmas with us. He liked the part about Jesus and ate all of our bananas.
The end.
Merry Christmas!

No comments: