8/21/09

Do Do Do Looking Out My Back Door

High of 68 tomorrow. The family goes back to school and daycare on Monday. Autumn is coming. I took the above photo out our front door last fall.

I love natural and organic design. There are wonderful lines and shapes in nature. I always feel content when I am surrounded by woods. I can spend hours absorbing nature photography and artwork. I did a whole series of abstract paintings inspired by natural forms.
Here are a few examples:




This is a clip from the documentary Rivers and Tides. It is a film about Andy Goldsworthy's wonderful work. He alters the world using only naturally found things and then lets nature do what it will. It's awe inspiring to see the time and effort put into the pieces and then to watch the "life" and eventual destruction of them over time. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O9TyHzP-8b8

1 comment:

Käthe said...

I just rented Rivers and Tides last week -- quite randomly. Weird... It was very good.