9/29/09

By The Power of Geek Skull


A nerd may use his children as an excuse to watch He-man. That's right, my daughter is a Masters of the Universe fan. My wife...not so much. Eighties television cartoons were cheaply produced but I think they had some of the best character designs of all time.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hulu.com has a bunch of episodes of He-Man, She-Ra, and Transformers. Kidswb.com has a Thundercats channel. I have Dungeons and Dragons, DuckTales, Rescue Rangers, and Tiny Toons in our Netflix queue. Now I just have to find Silverhawks somewhere...and lots of time.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Some of my favorite cartoons from the 80's were Warner Bros.' Looney Toons and Merrie Melodies. I was an adult when I learned that most of these were actually made in the 1940's, 50's, and 60's. These are quality cartoons. The artistic animation, humorous story lines, and fully developed characters are rarely seen in modern television animation. You can find dozens of these shorts on Youtube.
beep beep zip dang!

No comments: